So we’re moving into an apartment in the 100s. Not in the 70s as originally planned.
Some of you asked me…what happened?
The only way I can explain it…is with a list.
Come back in time with me. All the way back to the Monday after Thanksgiving, or, as I like to call it, Black Monday.
- Mon-11/28-Waiting for lead abatement cert from city for apartment in 70s.
- Tues-11/29-We find out they have to offer the apartment now to someone else first. But she thinks she wants to live on the East Side. This was (bad) news to us dear Reader. We needed to move Thurs 12/1. They said we’d know Wed-first thing.
- Wed-11/30-Heard nothing.
- Thurs-12/1-Still don’t know if this woman wants the apt or not. We go to Peter’s. Michael contacts brokers for me to look at other apts.
- Fri-12/2-Shari helps me move all our stuff to Peter’s. They won’t know if this woman wants the apt until Mon.
I look at 3 apts. They’re just ok.
- Mon-12/5-Woman still hasn’t decided if she wants apt. Move to Blue Moon hotel. Cancel all apt viewings. Can’t do it…too much. Decide if this woman does want 70s apt, we will go on tour with Michael. Put a fork in me.
- Tues-12/6-Woman still hasn’t decided.
- Wed 12/7-4pm-Woman decides she is taking the apt. I decide to join Michael on road. They say they have a 2 bedroom avail in 100s. No. I’m done. Going with Michael. Move from hotel to Uncle T’s on Jane.
- Thurs-12/8-Decide I should look at apt in 100s just in case. I love it. Better than one in 70s. It’s perfect. We could stay there for the rest of our lives.
- Fri-12/9-Submit forms to do all financials.
- Sat/Sun-12/10-11-Grinchy. Nervous about financials. Try not to think about it. Buy fat, little tree.
- Mon-12/12-Mgmt office for apt closed.
- Tues-12/13-Passed credit check, but don’t show enough income (eeek). Everything else looks good. We offer to pay 6 months up front. Maybe dad can co-sign. At 4pm they say they’ll decide by tomorrow. !!!!!!!!!!
- Wed-12/14-1030am-Teaching class at New Dramatists. Look down at phone. Text from Michael says, ‘We got it!!!’ I cry.
- Thurs 12/15-Michael flies home for less than 24 hours just to sign lease with me. And to see his own apt. He loves it.
- Fri 12/16-Nanny Rigsby flies over via open umbrella from England to supervise the move (so incredibly sweet).
- Sat 12/17-We get ready…
- Sun 12/18-We get set…
- Mon 12/19-9am-We meet the movers at storage and…